Hair Transplant Recovery Tips
Hair loss is reportedly one of the most common causes of concern today. Hair loss is one of the most widespread issues in cosmetic treatment which is required by both, men and women, and at almost every age.
Hair loss and treatment
There is a long list of factors that are known or suspected to lead to constant hair loss. Premature baldness affects millions of people all around the world, irrespective of race or place of origin. Today, cosmetic surgeons treat patient with ages from 18 to 50 for chronic hair loss. Constant loss of hair has shown to have a significant effect on the mental health of the individual which can lead to other health complications later on, if left untreated.
Cocoona Center for Aesthetic Transformation is a globally renowned hair transplant clinic in Dubai. It is the leading clinic when it comes to the best and most reliable hair transplant treatments. There are various expert dermatologists and cosmetic specialists on board who ensure that each patient gets the best hair loss treatment. Apart from this, the hair specialist/cosmetic surgeon will also advise you extensively about all that you will need to take care of after the hair transplant procedure.
Importance of after-care in recovering from hair transplant procedure
The cosmetic surgeons stress on the importance after-care which is not only essential for proper recovery but is also most important for getting the desired results. An efficient hair transplant surgery might fail if the patient tends to ignore the post-treatment recovery tips given by the doctor.
Basic recovery tips after a hair transplant procedure
These are some of the basic hair transplant recovery tips that experts at Cocoona advise after a hair transplant procedure:
- Complete rest after discharge from the hospital following a hair transplant procedure
- Using prescribed painkillers, anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory medications for relieving pain and decreasing swelling as well as preventing infection.
- Ensure to cover the grafts with a cap or scarf for around 8-10 days after the hair transplant surgery when you go outside.
- Wait for 24-48 hours before having the first gentle hair wash with lukewarm water.
- Avoid scrubbing head or 2-3 weeks following hair transplant surgery.
- Do not wear tight caps or cover head tightly with hats or scarves to avoid damage to transplanted hair follicles.
- Avoid performing stressful activities (including working out and sports) for as long as the doctor advises.
- Use only mild shampoo to clean away the crust which forms usually from seepage out of the transplanted hair follicles.
These, and any other instruction by the cosmetic surgeon or the hair specialist are to be followed with due diligence to ensure best results after a hair transplant procedure.